Were you involved in a waterway incident and need experienced California boating accident lawyers to represent you? Contact the Law Offices of Steven M. Sweat to speak with experienced California boating accident lawyers today.
Of the many ways that someone can be injured or killed while on the water, just a few of the most common are listed below.
- Accidents related to the boat capsizing
- Injuries or mishaps due to falling overboard the vessel
- Boating fires or explosions
- Collisions between two ships or boats
- Injury caused from the negligent operation of a boat including driving a boat under the influence of alcohol or drugs
And some of the common injuries that may be sustained from a boat accident are:
• Traumatic brain injury, anoxic brain injury, concussion
• Spinal, thoracic, lumbar, cervical injury
• Sprain, fracture, broken bone
• Internal, soft tissue, burn injury
Current statistics show that there were more than 893,828 registered boats in California in 2006. Of all the persons that died as a result of a fall overboard, 71 percent were not wearing a life jacket. However, many of these fatalities would have still occurred because of the negligence of someone else. Most of the boating accidents are reported to happen during the peak of the spring and summer months between June and September.
Losing a loved one is never an easy event to deal with. It is a traumatic and difficult event to have to cope with and there is no amount of financial reward that can replace the life of a human being. However, if you have lost a loved one due to a boating fatality, the lawyers at the Law offices of Steven M. Sweat sincerely offers you the deepest sympathies during your grieving process. If you are grieving from the death of your loved that was caused by the negligence and carelessness of someone else, contact our lawyers as soon as possible to seek out justice for loss.
If you were involved in a waterway incident and need experienced California boating accident lawyer, contact our office at our statewide toll free watercraft accident hotline: 866-252-0735