As attorneys and advocates for brain injury victims, we wanted to provide some resources that may be helpful.
There are several organizations that provide support and resources to victims of traumatic brain injury (TBI) and their families. Here are some examples:
- Brain Injury Association of America: This is a national organization that provides information, resources, and support to individuals with brain injuries and their families. They also advocate for better policies and funding for brain injury research.
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke: This is a part of the National Institutes of Health, and it provides information on TBI research and resources for individuals with TBI and their families.
- Traumatic Brain Injury Model Systems: These are a group of 16 research centers in the United States that provide specialized care for individuals with TBI, and conduct research to improve treatment and outcomes.
- United Spinal Association: This organization provides resources and support to individuals with spinal cord injuries and TBI, including peer support groups and advocacy for disability rights.
- Center for BrainHealth: This organization is located in Dallas, Texas and provides comprehensive care for individuals with brain injuries, including diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation.
- BIA-MA: Brain Injury Association of Massachusetts provides information and resources for individuals with brain injuries and their families, as well as advocacy and support for brain injury research.
These are just a few examples of the many organizations that provide support to individuals with traumatic brain injury. Depending on your location and specific needs, there may be other organizations that are more appropriate for you.
Here are links to their websites:
- Brain Injury Association of America: https://www.biausa.org/
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke: https://www.ninds.nih.gov/Disorders/All-Disorders/Traumatic-Brain-Injury-Information-Page
- Traumatic Brain Injury Model Systems: https://www.tbindsc.org/
- United Spinal Association: https://unitedspinal.org/
- Center for BrainHealth: https://brainhealth.utdallas.edu/
- BIA-MA: https://www.biama.org/
How to find the best brain injury attorney in Los Angeles California?
If you are looking for a brain injury attorney to help with your case, here are some tips on how to find the right one:
- Look for an attorney with experience in brain injury cases. Brain injury cases can be complex, so it’s important to find an attorney who has experience handling similar cases. You can ask for referrals from friends or family members, or search for attorneys who specialize in brain injury cases online.
- Check the attorney’s credentials. Look for an attorney who is licensed to practice in your state and who has a good standing with the bar association. You can also check the attorney’s website or LinkedIn profile to see if they have any certifications or awards in brain injury law.
- Schedule a consultation. Most brain injury attorneys offer free consultations, where you can discuss your case and ask questions. Use this opportunity to get a sense of the attorney’s experience, approach, and communication style. Ask about their track record with brain injury cases, and whether they have any experience with cases similar to yours.
- Ask about fees. Brain injury cases can be expensive to pursue, so it’s important to understand the attorney’s fee structure upfront. Most brain injury attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, meaning they only get paid if they win your case. Make sure you understand how much the attorney will take as a percentage of your settlement or award, and whether there are any additional fees or expenses you will be responsible for.
- Trust your gut. Ultimately, you want to choose an attorney who you feel comfortable working with and who you trust to represent your interests. If you feel uneasy or uncomfortable with an attorney, it’s okay to look for someone else.
At Steven M. Sweat, Personal Injury Lawyers, APC, we have helped hundreds of victims of traumatic brain injury over that past 25 years. We can assist with finding proper medical providers who can diagnose and treat brain trauma, gather proper evidence including medical documentation of head trauma and present the claim in a way that maximizes compensation to the victims. Call today for a free consultation at 866-966-5240.