The Steven M. Sweat Annual College Scholarship Essay Competition
According to a 2014 report published by Bloomberg, college tuition continues to outpace the rate of inflation. Consequently, more and more students and families find it difficult to meet the costs associated with attending college. For this reason, the Steven M. Sweat, Personal Injury Lawyers, APC, APC is pleased to hold an annual college essay contest to help a current or prospective college student meet the costs associated with obtaining a degree. Details regarding the essay contest and submission guidelines are provided below.The Essay Topic
In order to participate in the contest, applicants must be currently attending or planning on attending an accredited U.S. college or university in the near future. In addition, they must write and submit a 500-word essay responding to the following question:
WE WILL BE ANNOUNCING OUR ESSAY TOPIC FOR 2017 WITHIN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS!
Congratulations to our 2015 winner, Ms. Brittany Jackson! Thank you to each and every one of you who entered!
Once the application period ends, the essays will be evaluated by Mr. Sweat based on the following criteria:
- The quality of the writing
- The thoughtfulness of the response
- The applicant’s demonstrated potential for success in their chosen field of study
The winner of the contest will be notified by email on or around 12/15/16.Submission Guidelines
Applicants should submit their essay as an attachment to an email to email@example.com by 12/01/16. In addition to their essay, applicants should include the following information in the body of their email:
- Their legal name, address, and phone number
- The college or university that they are attending or planning to attend
- Their current or proposed course of study
- For applicants who are under 18, contact information for a parent or legal guardian
The attorneys of the Steven M. Sweat, Personal Injury Lawyers, APC, APC are dedicated to helping individuals who have been injured in preventable accidents recover for their injuries. To schedule a free consultation with an attorney, call our office today at 866-966-5240 or send us an email through our online contact form.Our 2015 Winner
- Brittany Jackson - Read Brittany’s winning essay here!
- Hannah Sweatt (we are awaiting a picture of our winner) - Read Hannah’s winning essay here!